What it Takes to Love Yourself & Believe It!
Loving yourself is magical. Self-love is a powerful force that will positively affect every single aspect of your life, especially your closest relationships. No more giving in to your inner-critic; no more listening to that voice telling you that you’re not good enough; no more settling for less than you deserve. Self-love empowers you to make healthy decisions that serve you in the highest good.
We’ve all heard the benefits of self-love and we know that self-love is something we need. The real question is how. How can we learn to love and believe in ourselves? How do we cultivate that deep, loving relationship with self?
Here are 10 powerful mind set strategies you can take to set you on the fulfilling path toward true self-love.
- Define WHY this is important fuels the strength you’ll need to see it through. You MUST be emotionally connected to that journey. Why is Self love Important to you? What will happen to you, your business, your family, your children, your financial situations if you don’t find a way to love yourself unconditionally? How much of a lifestyle will you have, if you do not commit to loving and believing in yourself? Your answer to those strengthens your ability to love yourself when you feel frustrated and stuck.
- Commit to Loving Yourself No Matter What. All it takes to begin loving yourself is a commitment to yourself that this IS what you want for yourself. Refer to your WHY if you begin to get discouraged.
- Be willing to forgive. Forgiveness is the highest form of love. … and love melts EVERYTHING. Caring around “negative emotional baggage” whether conscious or unconscious weighs you down. Fear, guilt, resentment, shame are negative emotions that keep you stuck in self loathing. You are not condoning bad behavior when you forgive yourself or others for their wrongdoings, you are simply giving yourself permission to let go and move on…Not very easy for most of us but mandatory if we want our businesses and relationships to flourish. Sometimes we feel so bad and frustrated with ourselves, that we can’t find enough of a reason WHY you want to love yourself. Just being willing to forgive yourself is all that is required.
- Take Back Your Power: When you point the finger at others, or blame your circumstances you give away your power. Most of this blaming is unconscious. You become stuck in victim mentality and unable to take ownership of your relationships. In the moment you admit your part in the wrong doing or poor circumstances is the moment you gain back your power to create positive lasting change.
- Let Go and Let the Divine Take Over Let go of anything that is NOT serving you in the highest good. This includes toxic habits, toxic relationships, and all the “takers” of your life. Most importantly it also includes negative beliefs and commitments you made about yourself, others and the world. Getting rid of all that is holding you back opens a fresh new door that you call fill and replace with everything that delights you most. … Beliefs that empower, support and honor you, so that it is easy to attract your most ideally defined customers, support and opportunities that make the difference between “struggling to get by”, and handsome income streams.
- Surround Yourself with Good. Not only surround yourself with the company of uplifting, happy, giving people; people who serve your highest good, who truly love your, support and respect you, surround yourself with beautiful things.. Make your business, your home, your car, your office, your yard so welcoming and beautiful that it feels wonderful to lean back and enjoy the comfort and the beauty your surroundings.
- Practice Self Compassion & Appreciation. I know it is easier said than done, and for many of us we have programmed ourselves to be highly self critical. Being self critical is a motivator for many to get us to take action. But, would you ever be as critical to those around you as you are to yourself? Probably not, so why would you want to put yourself down? Use the Golden Rule on yourself.. treat yourself as you would others. Turn your inner critic into you inner coach. Forgive yourself often and look for all the ways YOU are a force for good in this world. Look for all the reasons that you are valuable and appreciate what you find.
- Get Your Needs Met by Putting Yourself First. Women especially love to give give give and put themselves last. But if your needs are not being met, you eventually will run out of resources to give. And that does not work well when you are trying to build your biz. When you replenish yourself you enable yourself to give more. So, do what you need to do to get your needs taken care of yourself. No more waiting for others to fulfill your needs…. you can do this. Honor your needs as they come up and do not push them away for any excuse. Everyone in your life benefits when you do this.
- Set Healthy Boundaries. Boundaries protect you and honor your worth. Never hesitate to set healthy boundaries for your time, what you are willing to give for your relationships. Past physical and emotional traumas can make it hard to set healthy boundaries. A good rule of thumb to help you recognize when a boundary needs to be set is to listen to your intuition. If an interaction feels icky, a line has been crossed. Take that as a sign that you need to set a boundary.
- Commit to Daily Self Love Habits Habits that make you feel wonderful is the most powerful way to show yourself the love, respect and level of care that you truly desire. If you have put your self love / self care habits off … until your business FINALLY takes off, you have it backwards. Taking care of yourself, loving yourself, is what makes you magnetic to men, to money and to business. What ever makes you feel uplifted, rejuvenated and energizing… and “let go” of any guilt that may arise its ugly head. If doing these wonderful self care things for yourself brings up feelings of anxiety, guilt or shame, OR, you simply are unable to enforce them or do them this are indicators that you are in conflict with your subconscious programming.
When you focus your mind set on these 10 strategies your enitire will positively shift in the most incredible ways.
Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, it feels impossible to love yourself in these ways because:
~ Your will power wears you out and eventually you give up
~ It’s hard ask for or get the support you need
~ You just can’t get your needs met
~ It’s hard to notice when your personal boundaries have been crossed.
~ You can’t or don’t know how to forgive yourself and others
~ It’s too scary to let go of toxic people and situations
~ You feel powerless to ask for what you really want or say what you really feel for fear of repercussion
~ You don’t want to hurt other peoples feelings, even if they are really toxic to you
~ You feel justified to hold onto blame and many times can not even see the lessons your traumas are giving you.
These are signs that you are fighting your unconscious mindset programming that does not support you. This unconscious mind set programming is wired deeply into your energy system and can feel like it is impossible to change….
You may even have decided that you were not meant to enjoy and experience your deepest desires.
But, those beliefs are simply NOT TRUE. It is totally possible to reach into your subconscious and identify what beliefs and fears do not love you, support you and hold you back. It is totally possible to find those limiting beliefs and fears and permanently lift them, let them go and replace them with unconditional self love.
So, if you are committed to loving yourself to get ahead and find yourself struggling or your will power waning, consider learning how to identify, lift and shift your mind set so you can become a conscious creator and manifest all that you have been striving for and become a magnet for everything you want in this life.